As We Can All Plainly See, Embracing the Situation Is the Only Way to Be Free: 7/7 Game Preview and Thread, Jays at Rays

The Jays begin a 3-gamer tonight against the God-fearing Rays of Tampa Bay.  Since Jesse continued the Wilco theme with his excellent-as-usual profile of the opposing pitchers, I figured I might as well stick with Wilco (that's from Side With the Seeds, my favourite song on Sky Blue Sky, a record I thought was mostly just OK) - particularly given the appropriateness of the lyric.  Yeah, it is ridiculous that we have yet another injury (other than Purcey, who was sent down after just 5 starts, our starting 1-5 have all spent time on the DL this season, as have many of their replacements) and it is feeling a bit like the Children's Crusade (though unlike that event, all too real) with yet another kid making his major-league debut, and this one with just a half-season of experience above A ball, but what can you do but embrace the situation and enjoy the debut of yet another good-looking young arm.

Speaking of, I took a close look at today's starter, Marc Rzepczynski, earlier today, so I won't bother repeating any of that.  James Shields pitches for the opposition and let's just hope we do better against him than last time. The Jays' lineup features Vernon Wells in the 6 spot, despite his 3-hit day (though 2 infield singles) out of the 3 hole yesterday, now that Adam Lind has returned, and David Dellucci hitting 8th and playing left field.  Don't Wilkerson us here, Dave.

Oh, and Carm, I'm 99% certain the restaurant in Seattle that we loved was the Sun Ya Seafood Restaurant in Chinatown, not far at all from the stadium.  It was so good we went back over the weekend for Dim Sum.