Under .500 for the first time this year.

Blue Jays 2 Rays 3

Ok, do we really need Kevin Millar batting clean up? Sorry Cito, but I'm really tired of this stuff. Then in the 9th John McDonald is to lead off the inning and you let him hit. Then Jose Bautista is up next, against a right hander, and you let him hit as well. Only down by a run we should have a shot at a win. You can't let Mac lead off the inning. And yes I know he had a good game.

Just a sad game all around. Roy Halladay gives up a run in the first, we get it back in the 5th, Doc loads the bases and gives up a double to Carlos Pena and we are down by 2. Doc had a good start but not a great start by his standards. 7 innings, 9 hits, 0 walks, 3 earned and 8 strikeouts. But still a quality start and had we has some of the offense from yesterday he would have had a run.

Jays had a chance to put up some runs in the 7th, bases loaded, 1 out and 1 already in, our clean up hitter up and Millar pops up, then Vernon Wells flies out and then inning is over. Had Vernon been in front of Millar in the order then that fly would have been a sac fly and we'd have tied the game. And if wishes were horses then beggars would ride. We also loaded bases with 2 out in the 5th.

Lousy game. Lousy batting order. I'll admit I agree with giving Rolen days off, he is injury prone and his shoulder is a problem, so I applaud the for sitting him even when he is hitting great. But I think it is time to give up on Millar. He is hitting .209 since May 1. Let's face it, he isn't going to be around next year (please, please, let me be right on this one) so let's try someone in the role that could possibly be part of the team next year. Oh and while filling out the release papers for him, do Delucci too. Bring Snider back up and play him every day for the rest of the season. And bring Ruiz or Dopirak up.

We had 9 hits today, two each from Adam Lind, Alex Rios and John McDonald had 2 hits each. Millar, Overbay (3 strikeouts) and Rod Barajas had 0 fors. Overbay's BA is down to .249 now, Barajas' .258. Both are hitting under .200 for July.

Jays of the Day are Lind (.115 WPA) and Hill (.101). Honorable mention to John McDonald. Suckage awards to Millar (-.254, is that a record negative for a batter?), Wells (-.184), Overbay (-.159) and Barajas (-.139).

We start series in Baltimore tomorrow, please guys, no more one run or walk off losses. Brett Cecil goes tomorrow, I know he hasn't looked great, in his last few starts, but I like watching young pitchers, I think he's got a lot of potential.