FanPost

Randy Ruiz - future DH?

After 5 games (granted a very small sample size) Randy Ruiz has put up good production numbers with a relatively high number of strikeouts. This is about what we might have expected as an upside for him. Is 22 games in Minnesota last year, 5 games with the Jays this year, and a prolific minor league batting record enough to convince us that he is in the mix to be the DH next year? If so would Lind and Snider cover enough ground in the corner outfield spots? From watching him so far does he look like someone who could defy the odds and have a good major league career after such a relatively late start? On the FAN radio the other day I think it was Mike Wilner who compared him to Oakland's Jack Cust in that respect - but Cust is a little younger and had a few more cups of coffee before becoming a regular. If that's who Randy Ruiz is (with a higher batting average hopefully) is this a good potential affordable fit at DH moving forward?