FanShot

Tom Verducci on L'Affair Halladay

"The Blue Jays came out of the trading deadline with the best pitcher in baseball, not only for the rest of this season but also next, and yet the consensus among media pundits was to assign them to the "losers" column in their unofficial scorekeeping. Why? Because the media pundits were made to expect a trade of Roy Halladay, so their days of speculation went for naught?"