Yankees 8, Jays 4

Tough one last night for our heroes.

On the Mound:  Marc Rzepczynski pitched great until the 7th inning, when he ran into some trouble and was lifted.  Things really unraveled, and Zep ended up with 4 runs allowed over his 6 innings, though he did strike out 7 and walk just one. He wasn't the problem.

At the Plate:  Vernon Wells and Alex Rios had RBI singles in the 1st inning.  Adam Lind and Marco Scutaro added solo home runs.  We had our baserunners, but didn't cash them.

From the Pen:  Bad showing from our relief corps last night.  Josh Roenicke entered in relief of Zep in the 7th and gave up 3 walks and 2 hits.  Jesse Carlson gave up another run in the 8th and Brian Tallet surrendered a Damon home run in the 9th.  Yuck.

Cold Comfort from the Farm:  Travis Snider had a double.   J.P. Arencibia hit a home run, his 12th of the season.  Casey Janssen pitched a perfect inning, striking out 1.  Though David Purcey got absolutely shellacked.

Lind was the only one with JoTD numbers.  The Jays are off today before taking on Baltimore this weekend.