Friday Linkfest

Over at Beyond the Boxscore they have given their Power Rankings a facelift. Same great taste, but with a new look! Blue Jays are still 7th. I'll admit I find it hard to believe we are the 7th best team in baseball when were are losing more than we win. Of course, 3 other AL East teams are ahead of us in the rankings.

This chart from Amazin' Avenue shows the 'race' for the top draft pick in next year's draft. The Nationals have it all locked up but we are up in the ten for picks.

Rank

Team

GB

1

Washington

--

2

Pittsburgh

4.5

3

Baltimore

8.0

4

Cleveland

9.0

5

Kansas City

11.0

6

NY Mets

12.5

7

Arizona

13.5

8

Toronto

16.5

9

San Diego

17.5

10

Houston

19.0

If you are looking for more information on our Double-A team, the New Hampshire Fisher Cats, go here. There are profiles on some of the players. A nice site and lots of information about some of our top prospects.

And if you think there are few folks coming to Rogers Center, you should be in Pittsburgh, yesterday's game there were about 3000 folks in the stands. They have an excuse with the G-20 summit there. Apparently getting downtown is pretty tough, so why fight your way down for a team that will loss 100 games this year.

And if you think you had some bad teachers:

Van Buren Elementary fourth-grader Nathan Johns thought his teacher was kidding Wednesday when he instructed him to go to the bathroom and turn his Yankees T-shirt inside out.

The teacher was a Red Sox fan and took exception to Nathan's CC Sabathia t-shirt. I hate the Yankees as much as anyone but someone really needs to talk to this teacher.

Share your favorite links in the comments.