The minor moves keep coming....Jays sign Jeremy Reed and Steven Register

I think I was complaining about the lack of Jay's news this morning. Be careful what you wish for. I'm going to put all these into one post late but Jays signed a couple of guys to minor league deals. Here is the press release:

BLUE JAYS SIGN PAIR

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have signed OF JEREMY REED and RHP STEVEN REGISTER to minor league contracts for the 2010 season with an invite to Major League spring training.

        REED, 28, spent last season with the New York Mets posting a .242 average in 126 games. The 6’0" 200 lb. left-handed hitter has appeared in 462 games over six seasons (Seattle 2004-08) and New York (2009), recording a .255 average with 11 home runs and 107 RBI.

        REGISTER, 26, split last season between the Rockies and Phillies organizations, appearing in one game with the Phillies, pitching two scoreless innings in his Major League debut. The 6’1" 170 lb. right-hander was a combined 2-5 with a 3.92 ERA at AAA in 50 relief appearances in 2009. The Columbus, Georgia native was originally a third round selection by Colorado in the 2004 draft.

Not exciting signings, more depth guys. For Reed's stats go here. Steve Register's are here.