Jays Sign Shawn Hill

Here is the press release:

BLUE JAYS SIGN CANADIAN SHAWN HILL

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have signed RHP SHAWN HILL to a minor league deal, with an invite to Major League spring training.

        HILL, 28, made three April starts for San Diego in 2009, going 1-1 with a 5.25 ERA, before undergoing "Tommy John" surgery in June. The Mississauga, Ontario native has pitched for three clubs (Montreal, 2004, Washington, 2006-2008 & San Diego, 2009) over a five year Major League career, posting an 8-16 record with a 4.95 ERA in 40 starts. Hill was on the Team Canada squad at the 2004 Summer Olympics, which finished fourth, and was also on Canada’s provisional roster for the 2006 World Baseball Classic though he did not pitch due to injury.

He had his second Tommy John surgery last June. I thought the recovery time for that was a year and a half though I know it is getting quicker. But it will only be 10 months of recovery for him by the start of the season. Here are Shawn's career numbers

Update: Jordan Bastian was told by Alex Anthopoulos that Hill could be ready to pitch in May or June, about the same as Jesse Litsch.