What, only one home run? Hardly seems right. Jays Beat Twins.

Blue Jays 6 Twins 3

So after 6 home runs yesterday, just getting the one today makes it seem like they weren't even trying. We did get 6 runs, 3 on Edwin Encarnacion's 19th homer. He drove in 4 on the day. We had 13 hits, 1 home run, 4 doubles and 8 singles. EE, Lyle Overbay and John Buck had 3 each. 2 for Jose Bautista, including his 35th double. 0 fors tonight go to Travis Snider (ending a 12 game hit streak), Yunel Escobar and Aaron Hill. Hill didn't look good at the plate. He did have one hard line drive to the LFer, but he struck out twice. I'm sure he's ready for the season to end.

Ricky Romero had a great night, getting his 14th win. He pitched 8 innings, giving up 6 hits, no walks, 2 earned while striking out 5. Ricky proved his rookie year wasn't a fluke, going 14-9 with a 3.73 ERA.

Jason Frasor came in to start the 9th and got 2 quick outs but then gave up a homer, double and single.Frasor has pitched a lot the last couple of weeks. In comes Kevin Gregg for his quickest save of the year. Two pitches to get a popup and save number 37.

Jays of the Day are Buck (.352 WPA), EE (.331), Romero (.193) and Wells (.111). Honorable mention to Lyle for a 3 for 5 night. Suckage Jays are Hill (-.261), Escobar (-.164) and Bautista (-.111, despite a 2 for 5 night).

So that's win number 84, with 2 games left. I think I guessed 76 wins for us, always happy to be wrong.

Tomorrow is a 1:00 Eastern start. Shaun Marcum finishes out his season, hopefully on a winning note.