FanPost

Should it be Cito?

Should Cito win, or even be considered for AL Manager of the Year in 2010?

Typically a 4th place finisher's manager would not be considered however, thinking that most 'experts' picked the Jays to finish last in the AL East (behind the Orioles) after the loss of Doc, in the end the Jays finished a VERY respectable 85-77 in baseballs toughest division

The Jays were supposed to have a weak pitching staff but the emergence of Morrow as a future top end SP, Marcum's recovery from injury, Cecil's emergence and Romero's continuation of a solid rookie campaign all came under Cito's guidance.  Also the back end of the bullpen was very solid...

Sure Hill and Lind regressed, however Vernon Wells had a rebound/healthy year, of course Bautista busted out and knocked 54HR, the Jays had 8 (I think?) 20+HR hitters, so we can say the offence flurished under Cito in 2010.

The Jays improved across the board, all under Cito's guidance!

Typically manager of the year doesn't go to a manager of a team that is 'expected' to win, so can we eliminate Girardi, Maddon and Gardenhire?  The award typically goes to a manager who has helped his team improve from the past year so I beleive Cito should be in the conversation, however in the end I think Ron Washington will win as he guided his team to the playoffs but I'd like to give my sentimental vote to Cito!