FanPost

What to do with Bautista

Now that everyone has officially been able to digest Jose Bautista's amazing season, there's a good article over on MLB Trade Rumors that summarizes the (potential) arbitration numbers that Bautista and the Jays will be looking at this winter.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/10/big-raise-ahead-jose-bautistas-2011-salary.html

(Poll after the jump).

The article concludes that those in Bautista's camp would argue for a number between $10-11M and that the Jays will argue for a number in the range of $8-9M for next year.  Of course, the option for a short term or long term contract (probably likely considering the Jays lack of recent arbitration hearings), or a trade is possible as well, so I thought I'd throw a poll up to see what everyone else is thinking.

 If you think the Jays and Bautista will reach a deal, what kind of contract details do you think we'll see?