FanPost

Manny being Manny?

From MLBTRADERUMORS:

Manny Ramirez would like to play for the Blue Jays under new manager John Farrell, the slugger told ESPN's Enrique Rojas (story in Spanish).  Ramirez and Farrell crossed paths on the Red Sox, of course.  Manny added that he had hernia surgery two weeks ago and was never 100% during the season.  He feels like he has a lot of baseball left and can stay healthy as a designated hitter.

Ramirez, 38, hit .298/.409/.460 in 320 plate appearances for the Dodgers and White Sox this year.  That's a down year by his standards, but it's also the best OBP of any free agent.  Manny said he's liked the Blue Jays since they had great Dominican players in the 80s.  To make room for Ramirez at DH, the Jays would have to use Adam Lind at first base.

Well...interesting to say the least, not sure bringing in an aging slugger ala Frank Thomas a few years ago is the right move but if the plan is to play Lind at 1B and Snider/Wells/Bautista in the OF then the DH spot could be open, Manny on a 1 year incentive laden deal might be a ok, if he succeeds he could be moved for something useful at the deadline...