Edwin Encarnacion Claimed Off Waivers by Oakland A's

Here is the press release:

BLUE JAYS ROSTER MOVES

Encarnacion claimed on waivers by Oakland

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have awarded 3B Edwin Encarnacion to the Oakland Athletics on a waiver claim and outrighted LHP Brian Tallet and OF Dewayne Wise to Las Vegas of the Pacific Coast League (AAA). Both Wise and Tallet have elected free agency instead of accepting the assignment.

Those moves along with the reinstatement of LHP Rommie Lewis, RHP Jesse Litsch and RHP Dustin McGowan from the 60-day disabled list give the Blue Jays 34 players on their 40-man roster.

Pitchers (22): Jeremy Accardo, Taylor Buchholz, Shawn Camp, Jesse Carlson, Brett Cecil, Kyle Drabek, Shawn Hill, Casey Janssen, Rommie Lewis, Jesse Litsch, Shaun Marcum, Dustin McGowan, Brad Mills, Brandon Morrow, Luis Perez, David Purcey, Robert Ray, Jo-Jo Reyes, Scott Richmond, Josh Roenicke, Ricky Romero, Marc Rzepczynski

Catchers (2): JP Arencibia, Jose Molina

Infielders (5): Yunel Escobar, Adeiny Hechavarria, Aaron Hill, Mike McCoy, John McDonald

Outfielders (5): Jose Bautista, Fred Lewis, Adam Lind, Travis Snider, Vernon Wells.

Tom Dakers: I'm not really thrilled that we just gave away Edwin but that's the way it is.