Ron Gardenhire Wins AL Manager of the Year, Cito Gets One First Place Vote

Here is the vote:

Manager, Team                       1st 2nd 3rd Tot

Ron Gardenhire, Minnesota   16    8     4   108

Ron Washington, Texas        10     8     7    81

Joe Maddon, Tampa Bay        1    10     9    44

Terry Francona, Boston           0      2     7    13

Cito Gaston, Toronto                1      0     0     5

Joe Girardi, New York               0      0    1     1

Glad to see Cito get a vote. I'm curious who the writer was that voted for him.

Bud Black beat out Dusty Baker by one point. Bobby Cox picked up 1 first place, 4 second and 11 third place votes.