FanPost

Who is the best Canadian-based team in mlb history?

The top three contenders are likely:

'92 Blue Jays

'93 Blue Jays

'94 Expos

The other 2 teams that are close are the '81 Expos and '85 Jays.  They both came within one game of the World Series.

Here's how I rank them based on who would be most likely to win a 7 game playoff series:

1.  1992 Jays - Balanced offense, good defense and much better pitching than the '93 Jays.

2.  1994 Expos - The best defensive (and offensive?) outfield in Canadian mlb history.  Also the best regular season winning percentage (.649) among these teams.  Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to see them in the playoffs.

3.  1993 Jays - The best offensive team Canadian mlb has seen.  The pitching wasn't as deep as the '92 Jays.

4.  1985 Jays - The best Blue Jays winning percentage ever (.615).

5.  1981 Expos - Had some HOF's and near-HOF's.  Perhaps some 'Bluebird Banter' members with more life experience can rank them better than me.