Hall of Fame Poll: Benito Santiago

I'm skipping Kirk Rueter who had a nice career, 130-92 losses with a 4.27 ERA. And he was an Expo which gets him extra points from me, but he isn't anyone's idea of a Hall of Fame player.

Benito Santiago is an interesting case. 20 year career (including 2 seasons with the Jays), 217 home runs, 920 RBI and a .263/.307/.415 line. He was Rookie of the Year in 1987, was on 5 All-Star teams, won 3 Gold Gloves and 4 Silver Sluggers. He is also 10th all time in games caught at 1917.

There are only 16 catchers in the Hall of Fame. Only 6 of them have more home runs than Benito, only 6 with more hits and 7 with more RBI. I'm not sure how many of them were better defensively.