Jays to Sign Octavio Dotel

At least according to Enrique Rojas, the Jays are about to sign reliever Octavio Dotel for one year and $3.2 million. We've talked about Dotel enough in the last couple of weeks that everyone already has an opinion on him.

$3.2 million isn't that much for someone that ought to be somewhere towards the back end of the bullpen. You can see his career numbers here. He has 105 career saves so if you think experience is all important for a closer, you should be happy.

His numbers don't look all that much worse than Kevin Gregg's did when we signed him last year, so I guess I'll save judgement until we see how he does for us. Gregg worked out a lot better than we figured it would.