Jays Trade for Carlos Villanueva

Here is the press release:

BLUE JAYS ACQUIRE RHP CARLOS VILLANUEVA

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have acquired RHP CARLOS VILLANUEVA from the Milwaukee Brewers in exchange for a player to be named later.

VILLANUEVA, who turned 27 on November 28, appeared in 50 games for the Brewers during the 2010 season and posted a 2-0 record with one save and 14 holds. The 6-2, 228 lbs. native of Santiago, Dominican Republic posted an ERA of 4.61 in 52 2/3 innings while allowing 48 hits with 22 walks and 67 strikeouts.

VILLANUEVA has a career record of 20-24 with six saves and a 4.34 ERA in 230 games, 27 starts, over five seasons with the Milwaukee Brewers. He originally signed with the San Francisco Giants organization on March 4, 2002 before being traded to the Brewers in 2004.

Tom back: Here are Carlos' stats. He's been pretty consistent in his career. He's a middle reliever that gets his share of strikeouts.

Carlos had a bit of bad luck on BABIP, .335 but also gives up his share of home runs, something that might get worse in the AL East.