Blue Jays Winter Tour Comes to My Home Town

The Jays send out press releases for various things, half the time I ignore but this one...the Jays are doing a Winter Tour and they are coming to my home town. Clearly because they want to spend some time with me. Also, I don't know why I didn't know this, the release says that Bruce Walton is a Calgary resident. I have to pay more attention to my neighbors. Very Cool. Anyway the release is after the jump.

BLUE JAYS WINTER TOUR 2011 ROLLS INTO SCARBOROUGH, KITCHENER/WATERLOO, VANCOUVER AND CALGARY

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS WINTER TOUR presented by ROGERS SPORTSNET and featuring players and personnel from the Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Club and Rogers Sportsnet, will make stops in four Canadian cities over the month of January. Consisting of skills clinics, school visits and other appearances, the BLUE JAYS return to their roots, bringing baseball to communities across Canada, much like the Winter Caravans that represented the foundation of Blue Jays baseball in the early years of the franchise.

LHP RICKY ROMERO, LHP BRETT CECIL, C J.P. ARENCIBIA and OF TRAVIS SNIDER will headline the visits along with new manager JOHN FARRELL, beginning in SCARBOROUGH, January 7. The tour will continue into KITCHENER/WATERLOO, January 10 and 11 before heading to Western Canada, where stops in CALGARY on January 19 and 20, then VANCOUVER on January 21 and 22 complete the schedule. Attendance at the VANCOUVER CANADIANS annual luncheon will be part of the program, as the Canadians, a new Blue Jays affiliate, join us in representing and promoting the game of baseball in Canada.

A visit to the JAYS CARE COMMUNITY CLUBHOUSE inside the YMCA YOUTH ZONE in Scarborough kicks off the events, before heading to Kitchener/Waterloo, where a skills clinic and school visits highlight the agenda. The Kitchener/Waterloo Tour will feature appearances by 2006 1st round pick TRAVIS SNIDER and 2007 1st round selection J.P. ARENCIBIA. Manager JOHN FARRELL and Calgary resident, pitching coach BRUCE WALTON will join ARENCIBIA, Blue Jays 2010 Pitcher of the Year RICKY ROMERO, and team wins leader BRETT CECIL on the Western Tour. Scheduled appearances include school visits in both locales and a YMCA appearance in Calgary, before concluding with an autograph session in Vancouver, where fans will be able to interact with coaches, players, broadcasters and front office executives. BREAKFAST TELEVISION will air footage of the festivities in both Calgary and Vancouver.

"The BLUE JAYS WINTER TOUR is an integral part of our efforts to deliver Blue Jays baseball to fans throughout Canada. It is anticipated we will bring the tour to communities across the country in subsequent years, as we continue to promote this great game of baseball. We wear the Canadian Maple Leaf proudly and are very excited to embark on the first of many tours." - Paul Beeston

For all your information on WINTER TOUR 2011, go to bluejays.com/wintertour as events and details are finalized.

In This Article

Teams