Hall of Fame Poll: John Franco

John Franco is on the ballot for the first time, is it really 5 years since he was in the majors?

He is an interesting case, 21 years in the majors, 424 saves, 2.89 ERA in 1119 games with no starts. He led the NL in saves 3 times. He was on 4 All-Star teams and won the Rolaids Relief Pitcher award twice.

John is 3rd all-time in appearances and 4th in saves. Saves is an interesting stat for the Hall of Fame voters. Some folks say how important saves are, but if a player was 4th all-time in home runs or RBI or wins, there would be no question that he would make the Hall. Will Franco make it?