Hall of Fame Poll: Barry Larkin

I'm skipping over a few on the Hall of Fame ballot:

Marquis Grissom: had a nice career and I have a soft spot for any former Expo. He had a very good 17 year MLB career. He hit 227 home runs and stole 429 bases, including 154 in 1991 and 1992 in Montreal. His batting line of .272/.318/.415 is good, but not great. He had 4 Gold Gloves and made 2 All-Star games. He is 56th on the career stolen base list. Good career, not Hall of Fame career.

Lenny Harris: had an 18 year career, played for 8 different teams, mostly as a pinch hitter and utility player. He played every position other than catcher. Holds the career mark for most pinch hits with 212. All in he hit .269/.318/.349 in 1903 games.

Bobby Higginson: Sort of has the start of a Hall of Fame career, but faded out too quick. Played 11 seasons with the Tigers. Had 187 homers and a 272/.358/.455 slash line. Again a good player...

Charles Johnson: A very good defensive catcher, who had some power. He hit 31 home runs in 2000, never had more than 21 in any other season. He won 4 Gold Gloves, made 2 All-Star teams and has a World Series ring. Finished with 167 home runs, 570 RBI and a .245/.330/.433 slash line in 12 seasons.

So let's do a poll on Barry Larkin. Larkin's first time on the ballot was last year and he got 51.6% of the vote.

Larkin played for the Cincinnati Reds for 19 seasons, all at shortstop. A MVP award, 3 Gold Gloves, 12 All-Star games, a World Series ring and  9 Silver Slugger awards are some of his accomplishments.

He finished with 2340 hits, 198 homers, 1329 runs, 379 stolen bases and a .295/.371/.444 slash line. You can see all his career numbers here