Make your predictions: Jesse Carlson

Jesse had an amazing rookie season in 2008 with a 2.25 ERA in 69 games. He didn't have as good a year this year 4.66 ERA in 73 games. Jesse started off well, he had a 1.23 ERA on May 3rd. I felt he was over used. His delivery is pretty deceptive, but showing it too much loses some of the value, but he was a favorite of Cito's.

He is a favorite of mine too, even before he stood up to the Yankees and dared throw behind Jorge Posada after a a pair of series where the Yankee pitchers were using the Jay batters for target practice.  The 3 game suspension worked out well, Jesse needed a some games off.

A lefty, Jesse had more trouble with left handed batters (.272/.333/.421) than right handers (.247/.304/.411), so might not be the best choice for a one out lefty type. His numbers from last year:

2009 - Jesse Carlson 1-6 73 0 0 0 0 3 67.2 67 37 35 7 21 51 4.66 1.30

Bill James has predicted him for a 4-4, 3.90, 71 game season, with 21 walks and 59 strikeouts.

CHONE guesses 4-3, 4.14, 64 games, 21 walks, 50 K's.

So what do you see Jesse doing for us?

SB Nation Featured Video