Friday Afternoon Bantering

The Jose Molina signing has thrilled Jay fans across the country. You can see why if you look at his career stats, his career slash line, .235/.277/.332, reads like Rod Barajas' without the power. Last year his slugging average was a pitcher like .268. He has a good arm and has the backup catcher union card, since he hits so poorly we have to assume he is good defensively. Is he 1% better than Raul Chavez? I doubt it.

I still don't really understand what's going on with our 40-man roster. Jesse Litsch has been put on the 60-day DL to make room for Jose, but if you look here you'll see we still have 41 players on the 40-man roster. I'm sure Dirk could be put on the 60-day DL but he hasn't been. If you can explain it, let me know.

I mentioned the Robert MacLeod story this morning, but at the end he had a possible batting lineup:

 1. Jose Bautista, RF

2. Lyle Overbay, 1B

3. Aaron Hill, 2B

4. Adam Lind, DH

5. Vernon Wells, CF

6. Edwin Encarnacion, 3B

7. Travis Snider, LF

8. John Buck, C

9. Alex Gonzalez, SS

Now there is a top of the order to hate no matter who is pitching against us. If a right hander is pitching, I don't want Bautista leading off, but if a lefty is pitching we don't want Overbay in the two hole. I am curious how it will shake out.

Ghostrunner on First makes the suggestion that we start calling Cito by his given name, Clarence. The idea is the name Cito is too hard to dislike, while anyone can hate a Clarence.

Hardball Times has it's top 10 prospects lists out for all the major league teams. The Jays list:

1. Brett Wallace 3B/1B / 2. Kyle Drabek SP / 3. Chad Jenkins SP / 4. Travis D'Arnaud C / 5. J.P. Arencibia C / 6. Tyler Pastornicky SS / 7. Zach Stewart RP/SP / 8. David Cooper 1B / 9. Henderson Alvarez SP / 10. Moises Sierra OF

I'm glad to see someone else like Pastornicky as much as we do.  I think Arencibia and Cooper are up a little high but you never know.

Jordan Bastian reports, among other things, that:

So far, all reports are that McGowan looks and feels great.

Nice to hear. Can't wait to see what he does when the games start.