Happy Birthday Mike Timlin

It is Mike Timlin's 44th birthday today. His first 7 seasons in the majors were with the Blue Jays, he spent most of that time as a middle reliever and the last couple as our closer. In 1996 he saved 31 games. He played on both of our World Series winning teams He got the save in the last game of the 1992 series vs. the Braves, fielding Otis Nixon's bunt single attempt, throwing to Joe Carter at first to get that final out. He also pitched in 2 games of our 1993 win over the Phillies. He also has 2 World Series rings with the Red Sox.

He pitched with 6 major league teams and had his last season just 2 years ago in 2008, at age 42. He finished with 141 saves in 1058 games pitched, putting him 7th on the all-time list.

He's also #38 on out list of 50 Greatest Jays (yes, yes, I'll finish the list soon), so there is a longer profile for Mike here.

Happy Birthday Mike. Hope you have a great day.