Quick Recap: Spring Game 8, Jays and Rays

Blue Jays 1 Rays: 4

Well, our hot start offensively seems to have slowed. We only managed 5 hits and 3 walks today, but then not many of our regulars made the bus trip.

Pitchers:

  • Shaun Marcum pitched 3 good innings, 1 hits, 3 strikeouts.
  • Shawn Camp had a good first inning, but then had trouble in his second inning. In total he gave up 6 hits, 1 home run and 3 earned runs.
  • Brad Mills threw 2 innings, 3 hits, 1 walk, 1 strikeout and 1 earned.
  • Steve Register pitched a three up, three down 8th.

Batters:

  • Joey Gathright was 1 for 3 with an RBI and a strike out. He's hitting .188
  • Brett Wallace went 0 for 4 with 3 strikeouts. Now hitting .111.
  • Randy Ruiz was 0 for 3 with a strikeout, dropping his average to .529. Can't be great every day.
  • David Cooper was 1 for 1 and is hitting .400. Very few at bats though. But good to see him hitting.
  • Chris Lubanski went 0 for 3 with a walk and a strikeout. He is hitting .143 and I need a new irrational favorite.
  • Jorge Padilla: 2 for 4. .286.
  • Brad Emaus: 0 for 2 with a walk. .333.
  • John McDonald: 1 for 3, a run and a strikeout. .273.
  • Jose Molina: 0 for 1 with a walk. .167
  • J.P. Arencibia: 0 for 1. .300

I think I'm trading my irrational support over to Arencibia. I though Lubanski was a good choice, since he was the most interesting of the lefty hitting outfielders we picked up, but he hasn't done anything since his home run in the first game this spring.