FanPost

Put up your Dukes

Apparently the Nationals just released supremely talented and just as troubled RF Elijah Dukes...probably due to some blow up he had with someone or the other for some stupid reason.

This guy has so much talent but his off-field antics (sometimes criminal) bring into question if he is even worth taking a flier on.

Personally, I've always rooted for this guy and I think for the Jays in a season that is considered to be a building one he might be worth the risk for the Jays especially if they are concerned with the health of E5 at 3B.  Basically AA could sign Dukes and let him play RF, put the leadoff man Bautista at 3B and let EE get healthy.  Also, if Snider needs more time in AAA then Dukes can play LF until he's ready.

If Dukes has more personal issues they can release him easily, and if he doesn't perform he can always go to the bench or the minors...if he performs like he can he could be a 25/25 hitter in the middle of the order...