Quick Recap: Spring Game #12, Jays and Orioles

Blue Jays 4 Orioles 1

Great pitching for the Jays today (or lousy batting by the Orioles). O's had a hit in the first inning and a hit in the ninth, with just 2 walks in between. Travis Snider had an opposite field homer, a 'towering shot' according to Jordan Bastian's twit.

Pitching:

  • Brian Tallet: 4 inning, 1 hit, no walks, 3 strikeouts. Very nice job in his 2nd spring game, he lost out one because of rain.
  • Shawn Camp pitched a perfect inning with a strikeout.
  • Scott Downs gave up a walk in his inning but picked him off first.
  • Kevin Gregg: 1 walk and 1 strikeout in his inning.
  • Jason Frasor had a perfect inning, nice to see after his last time out there didn't go well.
  • Merkin Valdez gave up a hit and a walk, struck out 1 and gave up our run. Could have been helped by a couldn't of plays in the field that weren't made.

Batting:

  • Jarrett Hoffpauir was 0 for 3 with a walk. Batting .200.
  • Alex Gonzalez: 2 for 4, a run. .235.
  • Jeremy Reed: 1 for 3, a run, 2 strikeouts. .385.
  • Joey Gathright: 1 for 2, infield hit that was called an error at first, but they changed it to a hit. .182.
  • Randy Ruiz: 1 for 4, with a walk, a K and a run. .467.
  • Brian Dopirak: 0 for 4, with a Sac Fly and 2 Ks. .222.
  • Travis Snider: 2 for 3, single and homer, and a strikeout. .250.
  • Brad Emaus: 2 for 3 with a walk. .367.
  • Chris Lubanski: 1 for 2, a triple and a walk. .222.
  • Raul Chavez: 1 for 3. .250.
  • J.P. Arencibia: 0 for 1. .286.

A couple of notes.

Sean Henn was outrighted to Vegas.

John McDonald has left the team to be with his father, who has 'advanced liver cancer'. A very tough thing to go through for John and his family.