Great pitching for the Jays today (or lousy batting by the Orioles). O's had a hit in the first inning and a hit in the ninth, with just 2 walks in between. Travis Snider had an opposite field homer, a 'towering shot' according to Jordan Bastian's twit.
- Brian Tallet: 4 inning, 1 hit, no walks, 3 strikeouts. Very nice job in his 2nd spring game, he lost out one because of rain.
- Shawn Camp pitched a perfect inning with a strikeout.
- Scott Downs gave up a walk in his inning but picked him off first.
- Kevin Gregg: 1 walk and 1 strikeout in his inning.
- Jason Frasor had a perfect inning, nice to see after his last time out there didn't go well.
- Merkin Valdez gave up a hit and a walk, struck out 1 and gave up our run. Could have been helped by a couldn't of plays in the field that weren't made.
- Jarrett Hoffpauir was 0 for 3 with a walk. Batting .200.
- Alex Gonzalez: 2 for 4, a run. .235.
- Jeremy Reed: 1 for 3, a run, 2 strikeouts. .385.
- Joey Gathright: 1 for 2, infield hit that was called an error at first, but they changed it to a hit. .182.
- Randy Ruiz: 1 for 4, with a walk, a K and a run. .467.
- Brian Dopirak: 0 for 4, with a Sac Fly and 2 Ks. .222.
- Travis Snider: 2 for 3, single and homer, and a strikeout. .250.
- Brad Emaus: 2 for 3 with a walk. .367.
- Chris Lubanski: 1 for 2, a triple and a walk. .222.
- Raul Chavez: 1 for 3. .250.
- J.P. Arencibia: 0 for 1. .286.
A couple of notes.
Sean Henn was outrighted to Vegas.
John McDonald has left the team to be with his father, who has 'advanced liver cancer'. A very tough thing to go through for John and his family.