Happy Birthday Tomo Ohka

Hugo's favorite former Jay Tomo Ohka, he likes him much more than Doc,  turns 34 today (see I can say that cause I know Hugo is away for the weekend and by the he looks at the site again this will be off the front page).

Anyway Tomo and Victor Zambrano were signed by JP before the start of the 2007 season in the hopes that one of them could, you know, occasionally get the odd batter out. Now Tomo was more successful than Zambrano was but he was a waste of a rotation spot. In 10 starts Tomo went 2-5 with a 5.79 ERA before we released him. For that he was paid 1.5 million.

Tomo pitched in the majors for at least parts of 10 seasons and finish (presuming he is finished) with a 51-68 record adn a 4.26 ERA, His best seasons were with the Expos, from 2002 to 2004. In 2002 he went 13-8 with a 3.18 ERA for them.

So happy birthday Tomo. Have a good one.