Happy Birthday Aaron Hill

Our slugging second baseman turns 28 today. In his 5 year career he has hit .285/.337/.434 with 64 home runs (more than half came last year) and 296 RBI.

He's profiled in a piece by Richard Griffin, in the Star, this morning. He talked about leadership and the difference between last year's Roy Halladay lead clubhouse and this year's clubhouse. He referenced a story Jordan Bastian wrote which had a title that made it seem like the players were better off without Doc in the clubhouse. The headline said the Jays were "looser, relaxed" without Doc. Jordan doesn't write the headlines and Hill wanted to make it clear that he wasn't suggesting the team wasn't better off without Doc.

Anyway happy birthday Aaron. Have a good one.