Can't win them all, even in the spring.
- Brian Tallet: 5 innings, 8 hits, 1 walk, 5 earned, 1 strikeout, 2 home runs. Not a good start. When he did get outs, they were fly balls (5 ground/9 fly outs). I'd imagine that it won't effect his chances of being in the rotation. He's working on a new pitch apparently, maybe that had some to do with the bad showing. As much as I'd kind of like Eveland in the rotation, I'm not cheering for Tallet to do poorly.
- Josh Roenicke: 1.2 innings, 4 hits, 3 runs, 2 earned, 1 walk, 2 Ks. He didn't help his chances of making the team. His first inning was better than his second.
- B.J. LaMura: got the last of Roenicke's second inning of work. Just a minor league arm.
- Casey Janssen: 1 inning, 1 hit, 2 strikeouts. He hasn't given up an earned run this spring.
- Jeremy Accardo: pitched a perfect 9th with a strikeout.
- Jose Bautista: 1 for 3, double. .519.
- Aaron Hill: 0 for 3, a strikeout. .389.
- Brad Emaus: 1 for 2. .375.
- Adam Lind: 0 for 2 with a walk. .240.
- Jeremy Reed: 0 for 1. 398.
- Vernon Wells: 0 for 2 with a walk. .360.
- Joey Gathright: 1 for 2, with a steal of third. Down by 6 a steal isn't really something you'd want but it's spring. .226.
- Lyle Overbay: 1 for 3, a double and a K. .350.
- John Buck: 1 for 3, double, K. .318.
- Randy Ruiz: 2 for 2, HR, walk. .436,
- Travis Snider: 2 for 3, 2 singles, one an infield single and a stole base. .306.
- Alex Gonzalez: 1 for 3, K. .227.
- John McDonald: 0 for 1.