Quick Recap: Spring Game 17 Jays and Rays

Blue Jays 3 Rays 5

Drops us to 9 and 8 on the spring.

Pitching:

  • not the great showing we were hoping for from Dana Eveland. 4 innings, 7 hits, 1 walk, 2 K, 1 HR, 4 R, 2 ER. He wasn't helped by a pair of errors, one to Alex Gonzalez and one to Jose Bautista, that each led to a run.
  • Casey Janssen: 1 perfect inning, 2K. Still hasn't allowed a run this spring.
  • Jeremy Accardo: 1 inning, 2 hits, 1 HR, 1 earned. 6.75 ERA for spring, not that ERA means much in so few innings.
  • Merkin Valdez: perfect inning 1 K.
  • David Purcey: perfect inning, but the 3 outs were fly outs.

Batters:

Reed and Overbay also pulled off a double steal. Edwin Encarnacion and Mike McCoy played in a minor league game today.

No word yet on the big race. Some of us in the thread decided we'd sent Jays Care Foundation $25 in honor of the race and $35 if Jordan wins. Join in if you like.

Update: Jordan Bastian didn't win the big race, but it was close. Anthony Dicomo beat him out with a time of 2:29 for the half mile. Jordan finished in 2:32. So I guess we'll send in $25 to Jays Care.