Quick Recap: Spring Game 18, Jays and Tigers

Blue Jays: 1 Tigers: 5

Dontrell Willis has looked much better since the rumors came out that he would be released by the Tigers. In 4 innings he gave up just 2 hits, 3 walks and 1 run, striking out 3.

Pitching:

  • Marc Rzepczynski: 5 innings, 4 hits, 4 walks, 2 K, 3 earned runs. 8 ground outs to 3 fly outs. Too many walks, but you'll get that with young pitchers, we hope it won't happen too often once the season starts.
  • Josh Roenicke: Prefect inning with a strikeout.
  • Scott Downs: His first poor inning of the spring. 3 hits, 2 earned and K.
  • Jason Frasor: Gave up one hit in his inning. He's been great since his one bad inning this spring.

Batting:

Drops us to .500 on the spring.