Quick Recap: Spring Game 1

Tigers 7 Blue Jays 6

Pitchers are supposed to be ahead of the batters early in the spring but 13 runs were scored this game.

Our losing pitcher was Willie Collazo, who gave up 2 runs off 4 hits in the 9th. Ricky Romero pitched the first 2 innings and gave up a run on a home run and struck out one. Dana Eveland went 2, gave up 2 hits, 2 walks and an unearned run. Josh Roenicke pitched 1.2 innings, gave up 2 hits, 3 walks and a run. If he wants to make the team he can't be walking 3 guys. Zechry Zinicola went 1.1 giving up 2 hits and struck out 1. And Merkin Valdez pitched the 8th, gave up 3 hits and 2 runs, 1 earned.

Offensively Chris Lubanski had a three run homer. Randy Ruiz went 2 for 3. Aaron Hill took 2 walks in 2 plate appearances. Mike McCoy went 2 for 2 with a double. Vernon Wells was 1 for 2 and scored our first run of the spring. Travis Snider went 0 for 2 with 2 strikeouts.

Hill and Jose Bautista pulled off a double steal in the first inning. It didn't pay off as Lind and Wells struck out and Overbay ground out.

We made 3 errors in the field: Jarrett Hoffpauir, Raul Chavez and Brad Emaus had one each.

Can't read much into one game. I'm sure we'll hear from Cito on Snider's strikeouts. Lubanski takes a big step towards becoming my irrational favorite of the spring.

Tomorrow Scrabble, Brett Cecil and Kyle Drabek are scheduled to pitch.