Three Blue Jays Sent to Minors

The Jays optioned three to their minor league camp this afternoon. Jeremy Reed, David Purcey and Jesse Carlson. Carlson is a surprise to me, Cito used him a bunch last year. Reed had a great spring and I thought had a chance to make the team, Purcey well, we knew that was going to happen.

It means that Mike McCoy will be making the team, barring a last minute pickup. And I'd imagine that Dana Eveland will be making the team, either as a reliever or taking Tallet's rotation spot, moving Tallet to the pen. One of those two would have to be the second lefty in the pen, behind Downs.

So the last position spot to be decided would be backup catcher. There are still a few cuts left to be made among the pitchers.