Quick Recap: Spring Game 2

Blue Jays 9 Tigers 7

Looks like the batters are ahead this spring. The game was on MLB Audio and I listened to parts of it.

Pitching:

  • Scrabble started and showed well, 2 innings, 1 hit, 1 walk, 1 K, no runs. Nice job.
  • Kyle Drabek pitched 2 innings. Had some trouble 3 hits, 2 walks and 2 earned, but struck out 3. Tiger commentators were impressed with his stuff.
  • Newly renamed Ray Gonzalez (formerly Reidier)  didn't show well but wasn't helped by his defense. 5 hits, 4 runs, 3 earned and a walk in his 2 innings. Jarrett Hoffpauir dropped a throw at 3rd ruining a nice play by Johnny Mac that cost Ray an out and Mike McCoy turned a DP ball into just a force out.
  • Zach Jackson pitch 2 innings as well, gave up a solo home run but also had 4 strikeouts.
  • Rommie Lewis got the save, pitching the 9th, giving up just a walk.

Batting:

I'm hoping that Arencibia's homer buys him more at bats this spring. I'm sure Buck will be an ok catcher but I'd like to see JP get a chance. Lubanski's 0 for doesn't help those of just that are hoping he shows well. But Snider's day doesn't hurt and Dopirak showed well in his first action this spring. He and Randy should have a great competition. Marc Rzepczynski helped his chances to make the rotation.