Quick Recap: Spring Game 3

Phillies 9 Blue Jays 14

We also won the 'B' game 3-2.. Can't see a box score from the game but Cito said Mills pitched well. Chad Jenkins went 2 innings, 1 hits, 1 walk, 1 K. Zach Stewart got the save. Kyle Phillips was 3 for 3.

missed one....Cooper hit a HR.

In the A game:

Our pitchers:

  • Brandon Morrow: 2 innings, no hits, 1 BB, 2K. He threw 20 pitches in the first inning but only 10 in the second. Sounded very good.
  • Lance Broadway: 2 innings, 3 hits, 1 K and 1 run.
  • David Purcey: 2 innings, 7 hits, no walks, 1 K and 3 earned. Not a good day for Purcey.
  • Jesse Carlson: 1 inning, 3 hits, 1 walk, 3 earned. A bad showing.
  • Casey Janssen: 1 perfect inning, 1 K.
  • Jeremy Accardo: 1 inning, 2 hits, 1 walk, 1 K and 2 earned runs.

Batters, a good day for a lot of guys:

Tomorrow Shaun Marcum, Robert Ray, Steven Register, Willie Collazo, Zech Zinicola and Merkin Valdez are to pitch against the Yankees.