I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down: 3/8 Preview and Thread, Jays at Astros

The Jays, fresh off a win propelled by long balls by the triumvirate of Wells, Ruiz, and Bautista, take on the Houston Astros this afternoon in Kissimmee.  Today's lineup, which looks to be a fun one:

Joey Gathright, LF

Jarrett Hoffpauir, 3B

J.P. Arencibia, C

Lyle Overbay, 1B

Brad Emaus, 2B

Brett Wallace, DH

Jorge Padilla, CF

Travis Snider, RF

Johnny McDonald, SS

Pretty fun to see Snider, Wallace, Emaus, and Arencibia all in the same lineup, no?  In light of our conversation yesterday, I find it very interesting to see how this lineup is constructed.

Making the start today for the Jays will be southpaw Ricky Romero, who is expected to throw three frames.  Romero will be followed by, things permitting, some combination of fellow lefty Dana Eveland, Chad Jenkins, Zach Stewart, Merkin Valdez, Zechry Zinacola, and Willie Collazo (no way all of them get into the game, unless Romero and Eveland both fall flat on their faces.

In other news, Dustin McGowan is set to throw two simulated innings tomorrow, and Brett Cecil will work a bullpen session today and pitch in a "B" game on Wednesday.

According to mlb.com, there will be an audio feed of the game courtesy of Houston's announcers.