FanPost

We're down to 25 at last

The anticpated cuts for today were made and everything set, meaning how Tallet performs today doesn't affect his standing. Among the news, Tallet starts as the #2 starter, Eveland is the #5 and Cecil is sent down. Valdez and Accardo are happy happy guys right now though.

As thwiped by Jordan Bastian:

Jays rotation: Marcum, Tallet, Romero, Morrow, Eveland

Jays bullpen: Frasor, Gregg, Downs, Camp, Valdez, Janssen, Accardo

Jays option Cecil and Roenicke to AAA, finalizing roster.

I thought Cecil deserved that #5 after yesterday's strong showing with Tallet moving to the bullpen. But alas not to be. Tallet being #2 blows my mind though.

I never liked the idea of Tallet starting, not many out there did. But it was clear he was being given a more than assured spot in the rotation and everyone had him pegged for 5th. He'd get a few starts as a placeholder until someone got called up and he'd move to where we all thought he should.

But of course, none of us thinks like Cito. Now I'm a little worried that Tallet isn't going to get taken out of the rotation for any call ups.

April Fools perhaps? I hope.