FanPost

Active Pitchers and the HOF

Beyond the Box Score has a great article (found here) about active pitchers and their chances of making the Hall of Fame.

At first, I was intrigued by the fact that basically the article dictatates and Doc and CC are the only ones with a (slim) chance, and thought, "way to go doc!".

Then I started to ponder that change in landscape in starting pitching around the league. Will 250 wins become the new 300? If so, then Wakefild and Moyer deserve to get it in, which I am skeptical about. Will stats like WAR become the new groundwork for voters? Cause a lot of them old baseball writers around the league still probably don't know what WAR even is.

In the next few years, we will likely see Randy Johnson, Pedro, maybe Clemens, maybe Schilling, maybe a couple more get selected, but after that, who knows. It will be interesting to see how HOF voters vote moving forword.

-Rugged

SB Nation Featured Video