Jays Pick Shawn Bowman Off Waivers

The Jays claimed Shawn Bowman from the Mets off waivers from the Mets. Bowman is Canadian, plays third base, his minor league numbers are here.

This gives the Jays 40 on their 40 man roster. He's being optioned to Vegas. He was a member of Canada's WBC team in 2009. Last year in the Double-A Eastern League he hit .294 with 9 homers, and 44 RBI with Binghamton. He is just 25 but I don't see him making the major league team in a big hurry unless there is a lot of injuries. More a move to add depth to a position is pretty thin in our organization.

Update: Apparently Shawn will start out in Dunedin now. Don't know why the change.