Alex Gonzalez 4 for 5, Travis Snider Homers, Jays Beat White Sox

White Sox 3 Blue Jays 7

That was much more fun than yesterday's game. We seem to have something in Dana Eveland, he pitched great. 6 innings, 3 hits, 3 walks, 4 K, 2 earned, one came after he left the game. He did tire near the end of his time out there. 2 of his 3 walks were in the 6th and 7th innings. Two starts in he has a 1.35 ERA. Camp, Janssen and Frasor pitched the final 3 innings. Camp gave up a homer but that was all the damage to the relievers. Frasor had a 3 up 3 down 9th.

Offensively Alex Gonzalez and Travis Snider were the heros. Alex went 4 for 5 with 2 doubles and 3 RBI. Moonraker had his first home run on the season. Vernon Wells and Mike McCoy had 2 hits each. McCoy's were both doubles, one that Juan Pierre got a glove on but dropped. Jose Bautista was 1 for 2 with 3 walks.

Jays of the Day are Eveland (.198 WPA), Gonzalez (.178) and Snider (.113). No Suckage Jay, Lyle Overbay was closest at -.074 off a 0 for 5 with 4 strike outs and 1 ground out off a lefty. I think that's 0 for 12 off lefties for our every day first baseman. John Buck had our only other 0 for  but he had a sac fly and a walk.

Juan Pierre had an adventure in base running. With runners on first and him on second, they took off on a pitch that turned into a deep fly out. Juan slid into third then got up and started towards home, when he realized Vernon made the catch. So he ran straight back to second without retouching third. Whoops.

So we tied that series and are now 7 and 3, half a game up on the Rays for first place. Enjoy it.

SB Nation Featured Video