FanPost

Bloggers! Unite! We should change this game!

I heard Richard Griffin today on Fan590. To my horror, I found myself agreeing to most of what he had to say.

More after the jump

There were the usual issues: Expanded Playoffs, Balanced Schedule, and more parity.

What hit me is that it seems that, apart of the Salary cap, there' a wide consensus regarding the necessity of these changes. Not only in Toronto, but probably over most of the US (if you're not a Yankee Fan, that is...).  There's practically nothing to lose, and a lot to gain. Fans are going to show up as playoff chances will look better, and that'll mean more money in the owners' pockets. Players are bound to benefit from larger revenues as well.

But you all know that already. What I has to suggest is probably not a new concept, but the timing seems right:

I believe that it's time for the baseball blogosphere to make an impact. Let our BBB big heads (Yeah, I mean you - Dakers, Hugo et al) to confer with their colleagues across the continent - in Cleveland, Phily, Milwakee, Mineapolis, etc. - and make a resounding impact - utter a call for change such as that even the cotton heads up there in "Selig-Land" will have to hid.

We are the fans! We are the life-blood of this game! You robbed and cheated us once with your PED's! We on't let that happen again! Hid us if you want this game to survive the decade! Ignore us and you'll doom the game!

I'm done yscreaming my head off. Now, who's with me?!?!