Merkin Valdez Clears Waivers, Outrighted to Vegas

I guess the title says everything. I kind of figured someone would grab him up. I guess if you can't make our team no one figures you are of value.

The other move in the Jays made was to jump reliever B.J. LaMura up from Dunedin to Vegas to fill the other hole left there when the Jays called up Josh Roenicke and Rommie Lewis. That's a bit of a jump for LaMura but then he's 29 and has been in Triple-A before.