Quick Recap: Last Spring Game, Jays and Astros.

Blue Jays 13 Astros 6

Jays finish the spring 12-13 with a couple of ties. There were lots of good things about today's game.

Pitching:

  • Brandon Morrow: 5 innings, 5 singles, 3 walks, 6 K, 1 earned. He looked really good out there. Only a couple of balls were hit hard. Finishes the spring with a 4.50 ERA.
  • Dana Eveland: 3 innings, 5 hits, 2 K, 2 earned. He didn't show so well, lots of hard hit balls, but his first poor showing of the spring, so nothing to worry about. 1.80.
  • Sean Henn threw batting practice in the 9th showing why he didn't make the team. Gave up a homer, 3 hits, 3 runs, 2 earned, K. Even the outs were hit hard.

Offense:

  • Jose Bautista: 1 for 2, 3 RBI, a triple. Season can't start soon enough for him. .439.
  • Mike McCoy: 1 for 4, RBI, K. His single was his only good at bat today. .400.
  • Aaron Hill: 3 for 6, homer, 2 K. .427. He really would do great playing 81 games a year in Houston. 6 homers on the spring.
  • Adam Lind: 1 for 4, double. .222.
  • Vernon Wells: 2 for 5, K, RBI. .300. Came within about a foot of a homer, hit high off the wall on a line drive.
  • Lyle Overbay: 1 for 5, RBI, K, Double. .317. Nice spring for Lyle too.
  • Edwin Encarnacion: 1 for 4, homer, walk, 4 RBI. The walk was a good at bat, but the homer was blasted, opposite field, hit a mile. I'm hoping that is a good sign for the near future. .107.
  • Travis Snider: 2 for 3, 2 doubles,  2 walks, K. A really nice day at the plate for Travis. One of the doubles was an opposite field one he crushed. .250.
  • Alex Gonazalez: 1 for 3. .225. Some nice work on defense.
  • Jose Molina: 0 for 2, 2 walks., K. .161.

 A really good day for almost everyone. Tomorrow's an off day then Monday the season starts at 2:00 Eastern against the Rangers. Can't wait.