Two Home Runs for Alex Gonazalez. Jays Thump A's.

A's 2 Blue Jays 10

Nice to see some offense from our boys. Even nicer, just about everyone was in on it. Every starter had a hit except for Fred Lewis (0 for 5) and Jose Bautista (0 for 4). Alex Gonzalez had 2 homers and 4 RBI. Vernon was 3 for 4 with a deep homer. Travis Snider had a double and a walk as did Aaron Hill. John Buck had 2 hits and even Lyle Overbay had a hit and a walk.

On the mound? Brandon Morrow had another good start. 6 innings. 7 hits, just 2 walks and 9 strikeouts. His last three starts he's gone 19 innings, giving up 5 runs and getting 25 Ks. He's a long ways from a finished product but he is showing why he was a first round draft pick. I've always liked guys that can miss bats, if he can keep it down to 2 or 3 walks a start we have something. Rommie Lewis, Jason Frasor and Josh Roenicke pitched the last 3 shutout innings. Frasor struck out two looked a little better than he has.

Jays of the Day are Gonzalez (.186 WPA), Buck (.143), Wells (.101) and Overbay (.097). Morrow didn't get the WPA numbers, mostly because of the big offensive showing, but clearly deserves an honorable mention. No Suckage Jays, Fred Lewis was closest at -.054 for the 0 for 5.

Finished April at .500. Not too bad, I figured we'd start slow and build as the season went on but our starting pitching is a lot better than I thought it would be. I figured some of those guys would be works in progress, but they've come out of the gate as good you could ask. The offense is a work in progress but there are some good signs.

Tomorrow afternoon Gio Gonzalez (2-1, 3.68) starts for the A's. Dana Eveland (2-0, 4.57) gets the start for our side, trying to bounce back from the bad start against the Red Sox. I'm sure he'd love to beat his old teammates.

Alex Gonzalez set a new Jay April record for home runs by a short stop with 7. He's going to top my prediction of 15 before the All-Star break. And Vernon is up to 8 homers, his bat looks so fast right now. That was home run number 200 on Vernon's career, I hope there are 200 more to come.