Minor League Notes

Dunedin played a couple of games today, well actually a game and a half. They completed a game started on April 25th that was suspended and, in the minors, the second game of a double-header goes 7 innings. The good part is Adeiny Hechavarria got into two games. He was 1 for 3 and 1 for 4 in the games, both singles. Other notes from the Dunedin games:

  • John Tolisano just came off the DL today. In the first game he was 0 for 2 with a walk. The other 3 for 3 with a homer and a double.
  • Michael McDade was 3 for 7 with a homer. He's hitting .276 for the season, but .378/.410/.541 in his last ten games.
  • Edwin Encarnacion went 0 for 3.
  • Tyler Pastornicky was 1 for 4, playing 2B. He won't get a lot of time at short with Adeiny there. He has a .269/.347/.385 line so far this year. 10 steals.
  • Welinton Ramirez was 2 for 3 with 3 RBI.
  • Dunedin won both games. Kenny Rodriguez got the win in the first game, despite giving up 5 runs in 2.2 innings. Matthew Daly got his 6th save. In the second game Henderson Alvarez got his 4th win, going 6 innings, 4 hits, 0 walks, 4 strikeouts, no runs. His ERA is 1.66 now.

In New Hampshire the Fisher Cats beat Portland 5-0.

  • Kyle Drabek won pitching 7 innings, 6 hits, no walks, 6 k, no runs. 3.06 ERA.
  • Trystan Magunson pitched the last two innings. 2 walks, 2 k. 1.33 ERA.
  • Adam Calderone went 3 for 4 with a homer and 3 RBI. Batting .321.
  • Shawn Bowman was 2 for 2 with a double and a walk.
  • Brad Emaus was 1 for 3 with a double and 2 RBI.

Lansing won 4-3 over Bowling Green.

  • Ryan Shopshire started, 6 innings, 7 hits, 0 walks, 4 k, 1 earned, 3 runs. Matt Wright got the win with 2 scoreless innings and Steve Turnbull got the save.
  • Ryan Goins was 2 for 2. .306.
  • Kenny Wilson was 2 for 5. .277.
  • Mark Sobolewski: 1 for 4, double, 3 RBI.

The Vegas game is in the 6th but they are being thumped. 9-1 at the moment. Bad start for Brad Mills, 9 hits, 3 walks and 6 runs in 3 innings. Brett Wallace isn't playing, but he's been in every game up until now so just a day off.