So what is wrong with having pitchers bat? Jays pound Diamondbacks.

Blue Jays 12 Diamondbacks 4

The day after Cito tell us how we are at a disadvantage in NL parks, Shaun Marcum hits a double, driving in a run and Shawn Camp singles, not that we really needed their offensive help today. We had 17 hits and 12 runs today. We did get them from strange sources. Jose Molina had 3 hits. Fred Lewis, Adam Lind, Jose Bautista, Lyle Overbay, Edwin Encarnacion and John McDonald all had 2 hits. In face the only starter not to have 2 hits was Aaron Hill, he had an 0 for 4 with a walk. He did score twice.

To keep the debate about who should be our third baseman going, both Bautista and Encarnacion had home runs. They are both showing a ton of power. Bautista home runs are more the line drive sort, hit hard but more on a line. Edwin's are crushed. Today's may have been his longest of the 5 he has hit this series.

On the pitching side, we finally got a decent game out of a starter this series. Marcum only went 5 innings, in part because he was striking out so many, 8. He gave up 6 hits, 1 walk and 3 earned. It would have been nice if he got deeper into the game but since we had the big lead there was no reason to push him. Camp pitched 2 good innings, Scott Downs 1 and Kevin Gregg, well he didn't pitch well in his inning. He started the 9th giving up a homer and 2 walks. Maybe having no pressure caused him to relax too much. A nicely turned DP and fly out to center got us out of the game.

Jays of the Game are Bautista (.238 WPA) and Encarnacion (.101). Honorable mention should go to McDonald and Marcum who got .016 as a pitcher and ..017 as a batter. No suckage Jays.

We got some good defense from MacDonald, Lewis and Aaron Hill made a great diving stop on a ball in the third inning. Course he also had a ball go right through him in the 5th that cost us a run.

So we salvaged a win in this series. Our offense showed well in each of the games. Edwin in particular had an amazing series, hitting 5 home runs and 8 RBI. He even got a single today.

Tomorrow we start a series against the Angels.