So it's True, Eveland Designated for Assignment, Purcey Recalled.

Here is the press release:

BLUE JAYS DESIGNATE EVELAND

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have designated LHP DANA EVELAND for assignment. LHP DAVID PURCEY has been recalled from Las Vegas of the Pacific Coast League (AAA).

EVELAND, 26, made nine starts for Toronto this season, posting a 3-4 record with a 6.45 ERA. The Olympia, Washington native is a career 16-21 with a 5.66 ERA over parts of six seasons with four different clubs.

PURCEY, 28, has been with Las Vegas for all of 2010, recording a 2-1 record with a 3.38 ERA in 17 relief appearances. In 18.2 innings, the left-hander has fanned 23 batters and allowed only 14 hits, while also limiting left-handed batters to a .188 average. The St. Charles, Illinois native has not allowed an earned run in 14 of his 17 outings with the 51s in 2010 and has not been scored upon in his last six outings, covering six innings. Purcey has made 21 starts for the Blue Jays over the past two seasons, going 4-9 with a 5.81 ERA.

Tom Back: You notice how they avoid mentioning the number of walks Purcey has allowed? That's because the answer is 15 in those 18.2 innings. In his last 10 appearances he has walked 7 in 10.2 but he struck out 14 over that time. I'm a fan, because I like guys that can miss bats, but Cito has never been fond of relievers that walk guys. I have doubts about how much work he'll get before being replaced by someone that would fill out the rotation.

We have used a lot of relievers the last few games, another arm in the pen wouldn't be a bad thing. If Cito uses him.