The first start back for Jesse Litsch doesn't go as well as we hoped.

Blue Jays 3 Rockies 10

I guess it was too much to ask that Jesse Litsch would come back pitching like he did in 2008 his first time out, but was hoping for better than this. Hopefully he'll improve in a hurry. Today he gave up 4 runs in the first, then had a 3 up 3 down 2nd with 2 strikeouts, but a 1 out homer, 2 singles and a double in the 3rd ended his day early.

We did hit a bit today finally. 7 hits and 3 runs in total. Jose Bautista got his first hit in days and a walk. Hill and Lind got a hit each. I keep thinking those two will get it going but then I thought Vernon would last year too.  Alex Gonzalez had 2 again. John Buck and Mike McCoy had one each too.

This whole series was a waste. The terrible game in the rain. Our waste of a great Brandon Morrow start yesterday. And this mess. I don't really want to get into a whole anti inter league rant but I could do without them. But then I get to watch two of them live next week.

No Jay of the Day today. Suckage Jay, of course, is Jesse Litsch (-.456).

The Jays are off to San Diego for 3 games with the Padres. I don't think that Petco park was build for our all power, all the time offense but our pitchers should enjoy it there. Shaun Marcum (5-3, 3.38) goes up against Jon Garland (6-4, 2.81) tomorrow. I'm hoping Marcum bounces back from his worst start of the season in Tampa Bay. It is a late start for you folks out east, 10:00 Eastern.