Minor League Recap June 15

Las Vegas

Vegas beat the Salt Lake Bees 6-5, scoring 4 runs in the 9th for the win.

  • Lance Broadway got the start, 6.1, 8 hits, 5 earned, 2 walks, 2 k. 6.11.
  • Josh Roenicke: 0.2 innings, 1 hit, 1 k. 0.55. He's been terrific for Vegas. I wonder if it is the consistent work that is helping him.
  • Jesse Carlson: 1 inning, 2 k, got the win. 5.53.
  • Jeremy Accardo got the save, 1 innings, 1 hit, 1 k. 2.89, 8 saves.He is doing great too. It is likely easier when you aren't buried in the back of the pen.
  • Jerrett Hoffpauir: 2 for 5, HR, 2 RBI. .327.
  • Luis Figueroa: 2 for 5. .343.
  • Brett Wallace: 2 for 5, RBI. .287. He is hitting .350 in his past 10 games, with just 5 strikeouts. No home runs though.
  • Brian Dopirak: 2 for 5. .258. Hitting .341 in his last 10 games.
  • J.P. Arencibia: 3 for 5, double. .280. .385/.415/.1.261 with 5 homers in his last 10 games.
  • Jorge Padilla: 2 for 5, double. .250.
  • Jonathan Diaz: 2 for 4, 2 runs. .250.

The rest of the minor league recaps after the jump

    New Hampshire

Beat the Akron Aeros 6-3.

  • B.J. LaMura started going 5, 5 hits, 1 earned, 1 walk, 4 k. 1-0, 2.70 since coming up from Dunedin.
  • Adrian Martin: 1.1, got the win, 3 hits, 2 earned, walk. 3.54.
  • Tim Collins: 1.2 perfect innings, 1 k. 3.27. He has had a 1.98 ERA in his last 10, seems like he is over the little slump he was in.
  • Danny Farquhar got the save, 1 inning, 1 hit, 1 k. 6.67, 15 saves.
  • Darin Mastroianni: 1 for 3, run, RBI, walk. .290.
  • Manny Mayorson: 2 for 3, walk. .278.
  • Shawn Bowman: 2 for 4, 2 runs, 2RBI, HR. .312.
  • Callix Crabbe: 2 for 4, run. .228.
  • Danny Perales: 2 for 4. .264.
  • Brian Jeroloman: 1 fro 4, 2 RBI. .301.

Dunedin

Beat the Tampa Yankees 6-2.

  • Scott Richmond got the win in his second rehab start. 6 innings, 6 hits, 2 earned, 2 walks, 4 k. 2-0, 2.31. Nice to see him doing well.
  • Alan Farina: 1 innings, 2 k. 1.48.
  • Frank Gailey: 2 innings, 1 walk, 3 k. 2.09.
  • Adeiny Hechavarria: 0 for 4, k. .227.
  • Jon Talley: 3 for 4, 2 runs, HR. .289. He doesn't get much notice with the half dozen catching prospects we have, but he'd having a great season.
  • Brian Van Kirk: 1 for 4, HR, 3 RBI. .218.

Lansing

Lost both haves of a double-header with the Bowling Green Hot Rods.

  • Nestor Molina started one of the games. 5 innings, 2 hits, 1 walk, 3 k. 3-2, 3.98.
  • Brian Slover: 1inning, 1 hit, 1 k. 3.68.
  • Steve Turnbull: Got the loss and blown save. 1 inning, 4 hits, 5 runs, 3 earned, HR, k. 4.08, 16 saves.
  • Matt Fields started the other game, taking the loss. 5.1 innings, 4 hits, 3 earned, 1 walks, 6 k. 1-2, 3.92.
  • Justin Jackson got in his first games for Lansing this year, played 2B and DH. 2 for 6, walk. But he was also caught stealing and picked off 2nd in the same game.
  • Ryan Goins: 1 for 6, walk. .302.
  • Karim Turkamani: another catcher. 2 for 3, HR, 2 RBI. .333.
  • Kenny Wilson: 3 for 7, double, 2 steals. .253.

The DSL Jays beat the DSL Angels 7-6.

The Auburn Doubledays start their season on Friday, their roster should be out later today, we'll post it. They should have an interesting team.

The Gulf Coast League Blue Jays season starts next Monday. Their roster should come out on the weekend.